Marathon Bibs For Your Runners
Long-range Bibs for your Long-range Runners
- Marathon bibs made of non-tearable material
- Water-proof and dust-proof
- Can be personalized using event logo, sponsors’ names, etc
- Includes runner details – name, number, category, etc
- Pin-holes in corners for easy attachment
- Pricing of A5 Marathon Bibs Starting from ₹ 12 / bib
Marathon Bibs – Detailed Description
Pune has a lot of lovable aspects that start with the letter ‘M’. For example, take the delicious misal pav and the months-long monsoons. The first is a year-round love of every Punekars and the rains start receding in August. And with the monsoons over, the third beloved ‘M’ of Pune takes over – Marathons.
The culture of running for fitness and marathons isn’t exactly new to Pune. Just that more and more people are making the shift from other forms of exercise to plain old running. Almost every day in the mornings, you will see running groups practising at the University, Vetal Hill Tekdi, Taljai Hills, et cetera.
Most of these enthusiastic runners aim to take part in one or the other marathons held in Pune through the months of August – March. And if you are a marathon organizer, the part that’s brought you here is the Marathon Bib.
What Is a Marathon Bib?
Race bibs are quite simply a piece of paper pinned to the front and back of a runner’s vest. As shown above, besides race numbers, this paper displays:
- The runner’s unique participant number (A)
- Their name (B)
- Their blood group (C) in case of emergencies
- The category they are running in (D) 3 km, 5 km, / male, female, etc.)
- The sponsor’s names and company logos (F)
- The name of the marathon (G)
Running bibs are crucial for the marathon organizers, their crew and the runners. Personalized race bibs have instant identification of the runner. Just by seeing the bib, one can ascertain the person’s name, their race category, marathon number, and any other piece of information relevant to the marathon.
With the importance of marathon bibs in place, let’s talk about their construction.
How Are Marathon Bibs Made?
A marathon is an extensive activity with a certainty of dust and sweat, There is also a fair chance of rain. Therefore, race bibs cannot make the bib out of a simple piece of paper. The marathon bib printing needs to be:
- Crisp and clean for easy and instant identification.
- Also, the bib needs to be durable enough to withstand the dust, sweat, rainwater, etc.
- Finally, bibs need to be non-tearable. Runners being the enthusiastic people they are, may tear regular paper prints in minutes.
So marathon bibs, while they appear to be simple sheets of paper, are made differently. They are made from NT Paper (short for non-tearable). This NT paper is made of layers of plastic with a coating on the top. The layers of plastic impart durability to the bib and make it tear and moisture resistant. This ensures that the bib with the marathon number, once pinned to the runner’s vest, won’t tear on account of sweat, rains, abrasion, scuffing, et cetera.
The coating ensures high-resolution printability. The inks we use for bib printing and race numbers are different as well. Standard personal/home printers use water-based inks which get smudged very easily. But the digital presses at Orchid take care of this. We use wax-based inks which melt and fuse to the paper. So the ink doesn’t run or smudge even in wet weather conditions.
As an added finishing, we can also punch holes on the four corners of the print. This will make it easy for the runner to use safety pins and attach the bib to their T-shirt.
Why Get Your Marathon Bibs Printed at Orchid Digitals?
- Quick Turnaround Time: Orchid Digitals can deliver the personalized race bib an evening before the marathon. This allows marathon organizers to gather maximum participation.
Would you like to know how we do it? Jump to the next section.
- Exceptional Print Quality: Our prints are made using wax-based inks and non-tearable paper. Therefore, the prints survive the challenges of a marathon (wear and tear, moisture, dust) and still manage to look great!
- Reliable Printing Solutions: We believe that as marathon organizers, your concern should be the success of the marathon and not the prints. Therefore, we take ownership of delivering high quality running bibs with all the data you’ve provided. Once you’ve given us the right data, you’ll not have to wonder if all bibs were printed right. That’s our work, and we do it pretty well.
- Value for Money Printing: We provide the marathon bibs printing solution at competitive market rates and high value. When you pay for the prints, you aren’t just buying the prints – you are buying into the Orchid Digitals Quality Assurance!
How Do We Manage to Provide the Marathon Bibs an Evening Before the Marathon?
Marathons are a lot about inculcating and promoting discipline and a healthy habit. Therefore, to facilitate maximum participation, registrations are done both offline and online, using platforms like townscript.com. And often, registrations happen till the evening before the marathon. Therefore, the marathon bibs sometimes need to be printed at the 11th hour.
And this is where Orchid Digitals comes in.
At Orchid Digitals, we utilize a very neat technique called VDP, short for Variable Data Printing. What VDP does, is merge the variable data component of the bib with the base design. The logo, the name of the marathon, sponsors and colours would constitute the base design which remains constant in all the bibs.
But some data that goes in the print varies from bib to bib. This could include…
- The runner’s number,
- The name of the participant
- Their gender
- Category (3 km, 5 km, etc.)
This data would obviously change from bib to bib. And it forms the variable data part of the print. We request the marathon organizers to send us a sorted list (preferably in an Excel file), of participant names, numbers, blood-group, and race category among other things.
We then feed this list into our VDP software, which merges the individual participant’s data with the base design template. So if we have a 100 runners, 100 separate files are created each containing:
- The base design of the bib (which remains constant through all the copies)
- The name, number and other relevant data of each individual participant (which changes from file to file)
All we now need to do is send these files to the press. This smart and efficient technology greatly reduces the turn-around time for printing the bibs which you can source a few hours before the event.
FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
What Is the Cost of Marathon Bibs?
Marathon bibs are typically size A5 landscape. That’s 210 mm X 148 mm or approximately 8.25 X 5.75 inches in size. Here is the cost of the same.
* Please Note:
- The rates quoted above attract 12% GST
Shipping and Delivery
- Marathon Bibs can be delivered anywhere in India.
- Delivery charges are extra and will be communicated to you once we receive the delivery address.
Get a Quote for Your Marathon Bib Printing Job
Please leave us your details and we will respond promptly